Monday, November 9, 2009

My weekend thrifty


 I hit the thrift and fleas this weekend

these are all in my house. not the store




not sure of the date on this piece-but the picture of it does it no justice...you can't see the intricate details. 





I just refinished my dresser and put new knobs on it


this chair is actually from 1939. 


here's the finished product. I did about 3 coats and then rubbed alot off for that old look. some places I tried to rub all the color off.



 velvet painting 




COMFY bed...apparently I like pillows. sorry to all you anal peeps who want to straighten my comforter out at the bottom.


 I love my dark wood floors that look like they have been there for a LONG time. you see that fluffy rug? do NOT buy one. gets crazy dirty


2 comments:

  1. LOVE the dresser and chair. Oh, and I totally wanted to straighten the bottom of your comforter out. I didn't know I was like that! I too had one of those fluffy rugs. The thing shed like a dog in spring. I ended up throwing it out. $$$! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, thanks for posting pics of your place, can't wait to see more! As expected I was inspired to give my own place a revamp. That is priority #1 after the holidays! Speaking of, I would love to do some hunting for great finds while you are here! We may not have as much great stuff here but it would still be fun to look and lunch!

    ReplyDelete